Wednesday, January 23, 2013

broccoli and spinach bytes (I say bytes because I was a computer person for 30 years before I retired last April:)

MMM I just created this recipe!

pre heat oven to 350
a bag of spinach (I got mine at Trader Joes) - chopped in the food processor
about a half of a yellow onion chopped
a couple cloves of garlic chopped
a couple of egg whites or whatever you use as a substitute if you want this to be vegan
about a 1/2 cup of bread crumbs, I just put 2 or 3 slices of low fat bread in the food processor and used this
about a tbsp of margarine or butter or whatever you use for vegan
I threw a little chunk of Parmesan cheese in the food processor with the bread but if your vegan you can omit this or use a substitute cheese

I mixed this all up and then used a little mellon scooper to scoop little balls out and put them on parchment paper sprayed with Pam. I put this in the oven for 20 minutes! 

No comments: